Just in case they’re handy on the road… Continue reading
Standard ASCII set, HTML Entity names, ISO 10646, ISO 8879, ISO 8859-1 Latin alphabet No. 1
Browser support: All browsers
Here is a quick script for you to check if your cPanel/WHM server is vulnerable. Execute the following as root. If you get ANY cipher output, your server can be considered vulnerable. Replace the XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX with your server’s IP Address. Run this in Terminal as root. If there is no output, your SSL versions are securely disabled.
for port in 21 443 465 993 995 2083 2087 2078 2096; do echo “Scanning $port”; for cipher in $(openssl ciphers -sslv3 ‘ALL:eNULL’ | sed -e ‘s/:/ /g’); do echo -n | openssl s_client -sslv3 -cipher “$cipher” -connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:$port 2>&1 | grep -i “Cipher is”; done; done
Disable SSL 3.0 in Windows
You can disable support for the SSL 3.0 protocol on Windows by following these steps: Continue reading
I made the following changes to the registry in attempt to increase the memory pool available to the server.
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management Continue reading
Sick and tired of the high cost of cutting fluids? Are you a do it yourself kind of person? For the cost of some cheap motor oil, dish washing fluid and a little time, you can make huge amounts of lathe or mill cutting fluids for pennies. For about $3-$5, you can make about 4 gallons of steel cutting fluid! Professional cutting fluid can easily run $200 or more for the same volume. Why not buy yourself some new tools for the shop instead!?
- 1 qt. of motor oil
- 3 cups of dish washing liquid
- 4 gallons of water
- Purchase the necessary products. Motor oil can be found at your local gas station and dish washing liquid at convenience stores and supermarkets.
- Add the liquid soap to the water. Mix the soap into the water so that it is dissolved. The soap is the catalyst that will enable the oil and the water to mix; otherwise the different densities will make the oil float on top of the water.
- Pour in the motor oil. Make sure that the water and the oil are mixed properly together with no separation. The water will act as a coolant in the cutting oil, while the oil acts as the lubricant, as the water is evaporated off by the heat generated in the cutting process.
TIPS & WARNINGS:
- If a sticky residue is left on the cutting tool following use, then the cutting oil mix contains too much soap.
- A great deal of heat is generated in the cutting process, so a fire extinguisher should be kept handy as a precaution against the oil catching fire in the cutting process. When using this cutting oil, cutting machines should be set to a slower speed.
- Press WinKey+R > type taskschd.msc and press Enter (it will launch Task Scheduler)
- Left click from the right pane on the Task Scheduler Library > open Action from the top menu > New Folder… > name it MyTasks > click OK
- Left click on the MyTasks > choose Action from menu > Create Basic Task… (it will open task wizard)
- You can enter the Name , for example “Restart”, and press Next
- In Trigger section you can specify when you want to run your task, for example:
- Select Daily , and press Next
- Now you can specify the day, the hour and set to recur every day, after that press Next
- In Action section you can choose what you want to run, for example restart your system, to do this:
- choose Start a program , and press Next
- in the Program/script field type shutdown /r , and press Next
- And that’s all, you can press Finish
OS X supports the option to read NTFS-formatted drives, but has not supported writing to these drives. Therefore, the use of a third-party driver such as Paragon NTFS or Tuxera NTFS has been required for those seeking full NTFS support; however, OS X does support writing to NTFS, but this feature is just not enabled by default. Continue reading
Uninstalling a MySQL database server from a Mac OS X computer can be done manually or with the command line. It’s always advised to make backups of your databases prior to making big changes, and perhaps copying your MySQL Config file, if it’s been modified. You will need to login with a “sudo” command, or at least when you issue the first sudo command request. You do not need to place “sudo” before every line, only the first line.
rm -rf /usr/local/mysql*
rm -rf /Library/StartupItems/MySQLCOM
rm -rf /Library/PreferencePanes/MySQL*
rm -rf ~/Library/PreferencePanes/MySQL*
rm -rf /Library/Receipts/mysql*
rm -rf /Library/Receipts/MySQL*
rm -rf /var/db/receipts/com.mysql.*
When using cool fonts in CSS and the display is off in Firefox, you may find the Error Console declare, “Downloadable font on firefox: bad URI or cross-site access not allowed” as a cause. This simply means that Firefox is trying to improve security for your benefit. Since you control what your pages may access, including content from other domains, such as a devoted font server, you simply modify your .htaccess file as follows.
Place this code somewhere in the .htaccess file, update the server where the fonts are being served, and TEST! Remember that the .htaccess file must be modified on the Font Server, not the Web Server, since Firefox is requiring permission from the Font Server to access those fonts. Technically you can access them in a separate request, so the whole issue seems nutty.
Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin “*”